Tuesday, April 10, 2007

'Turo in Bean Town


'Turo's in Boston this week. Last night was our 2-year anniversary. I got flowers. Aww.

Anyway, before he left, we made up a goofy little Texas saying for him to spring on them. If someone suggests something that he finds disagreeable or incongruent, he's supposed to exclaim that "possum fat don't fry like that." We'll see if that'll catch on. If not, that dog don't hunt.

This little Texas-ism hoax pretty much represents our marriage: Booger, it's been two happy years of fun and happiness. You're not just my husband, you're my best friend. Together we can, to a point, create our own reality and reject the ideals of others. I'm lucky to have found such a fun partner, and I look forward to many years of hoaxes and high jinks with you. Happy anniversary.-Wifie

No comments: