Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Butch, R.I.P.


P9130038
Originally uploaded by Romero-Rama
I'm sad to report we lost a member of our team last night: Butch, our koi fish, passed away after battling water filtration problems that began after we lost electricity. Totally sucks. So tonight we're having a family funeral for him. Butch was about 8-9 inches long, and a little over a year old. He is survived by his uncle, Cletus, and the rest of the clan. Services will be held tonigth at our house, with a burial at the back of the house before sundown. A small wake will follow at sundown.

On a lighter note...
never thought I'd say this:
Glad to be back at work. Work has electricity, which we still don't have at home. They also have food services, so I now have the guarantee of a convenient hot meal at the dorms today. Very excited.

Our neighborhood zip code is still 100% without power. I'm sure this is due to the trees.

No comments: