Friday, September 14, 2007

Popovich Comedy Pet Theatre

OK, yeah, so I got so drunk I wasn't really allowed to use the laptop anymore.
Also, I was so gone I was hitting on 18 on Blackjack (!!).

We were finally able to catch the Popavich Comedy Pet Theater this trip. And it wasn't so much a "pet show" as it was a show about an immigrant family's American experience and a peek at how they view this country and Americans.
Show Highlights:

  • Scantily clad 15 yr-old daughter's provocative performance. On a Monday during school hours, no less.
  • maudlin vaudeville-esque staples.
  • The look Gregory Popovich would give his helpers when they messed up.
  • **An American flag literally was waved. I'm not kidding.**
  • animal-themed cocktails are served.
  • the midwestern, middle-aged audience. Who look at you like you're Big Bucks Betty just because you bought a drink and a program...while they read it over your shoulder.


We highly recommend catching it.

General Vegas pics are in the laptop. I'll post them when I can get them transferred.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.