Saturday, March 24, 2007

Friday: First Day Here





No posting yesterday due to a serious case of jetlag.
We walked around for a couple of hours yesterday. I was cold (it was about 48 degrees) and I turned into a tired, fussy baby. (Confirmed by Arturo).

14 hours of sleep later, and I feel like a functioning human again.

We noticed at the airport that the bone structure of the Dutch is so vastly different from that of the general masses in the U.S., so we can't help but stare. They all sort of look like Van Gogh. Even the women.

Oh, ate frites (basically steak fries served in a paper cone) and they EAT THEM DRENCHED IN MAYO!
Today I will practice using some Dutch phrases in an attempt to not be that ugly American who ASSUMES you must surely speak my language, and heck, I won't even attempt your freaky Dutch stuff! Oh, and we desperately need one of those converter things for our appliances. And a wristwatch.

Posting some first day pics on the Flickr site (link to the right) in a few minutes, so check it out.

No comments: